30-Minute Stir Fried Korean Beef and Toasted Sesame Noodles
I have been a fan of Korean food since I gave Kimchi and Bulgogi a try. It tastes so good, making all my taste buds satisfied. My kids and husband also gives them an absolute yes. This 30-Minute Stir-Fried Korean Beef and Toasted Sesame Noodles is our new favorite! I’m glad to share my experience with it here, and hope that it works with you guys. Let’s get started!
Beef strips, carrots, red pepper, orange pepper and mushrooms are cooked together in a good homemade sauce. It’s a mix of soy sauce, chile paste, rice vinegar, brown sugar, toasted sesame oil, grated fresh ginger, and minced garlic. Stir fry until all flavors combine, these ingredients are tossed with cooked brown rice noodles until well combined. Then, ready to serve. The whole process lasts 30 minutes, from start to finish. Much worth trying, right?
If you are looking for a savory yet easy dinner, this stir-fried Korean beef and toasted sesame noodles is the way to go. A serving does not only fill your stomach but also satisfies your taste buds. I served it once at a weekend meal. Jane, who was invited to, fell in love with that noodle. She loved the way the ingredients cooked and combined, then, asked me for the recipe to make a good one of herself.
30-Minute Stir Fried Korean Beef and Toasted Sesame NoodlesCourse: DinnerCuisine: Korean, AsianDifficulty: Easy
Beef strips, carrots, red pepper, orange pepper and mushrooms are cooked together in a good homemade sauce. It’s a mix of soy sauce, chile paste, rice vinegar, brown sugar, toasted sesame oil, grated fresh ginger, and minced garlic. Stir fry until all flavors combine, these ingredients are tossed with cooked brown rice noodles until well combined. Then, ready to serve.
- For Sauce
3/4 cup soy sauce
2-3 tablespoons Gochujang Korean chile paste,
1 1/2 tablespoons rice vinegar
1/4 cup brown sugar or honey
1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
1 clove garlic, minced or grated
- For Stir-Fry
1 pound flank steak, sliced into bite size strips
1 (8 ounce) box of brown rice noodles
2 large carrots chopped into matchsticks
1 red and orange bell pepper, thinly sliced
8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
2 tablespoons sesame seed oil
2 green onions, chopped
1 small bunch fresh cilantro, chopped
1/4 cup sesame seeds a mix of white and black
- Add all ingredients for sauce to a bowl and whisk well to combine. Set aside.
- Cook noodles according to package directions, leaving them with just a little bite.
- Heat 1 tablespoon sesame oil in a large wok or skillet over high heat. Add carrots, red pepper, orange pepper and mushrooms. Stir fry until just tender and bright. Add a few tablespoons of stir fry sauce to pan; stirring occasionally; until sauce has coated veggies. Transfer onto a plate.
- Add another tablespoon of oil to wok. Add steak and cook until caramelized on one side for 2 minutes. Toss and cook the other side for 2 minutes more.
- Add in a few tablespoons of sauce and cook until sauce coats steak. Add green onions and sesame seeds. Toss and cook another minute.
- Return veggies to skillet and add cooked noodles. Add remaining fry sauce and toss everything together. Cook 2-3 minutes or until sauce has thickened slightly and coats noodles. Remove from heat and stir in cilantro.
- Divide between serving bowls. Garnish with more toasted sesame seeds and cilantro, if desired.
- Serve immediately!