Creamy Tuscan Chicken
If you are a big fan of creamy dishes, you should save this Creamy Tuscan Chicken to your recipe box. Once you do it, you can make this incredibly delicious chicken dish when ever you have an appetite for. Eating it with rice, quinoa, pasta, noodles or steamed vegetables, you will have a delicious and nutritious meal. I’ve tried this with my family many times, and it still got us hooked. Yummy!
This chicken is defined by its creamy and flavorful sauce. It’ a perfect mix of Dijon mustard, heavy cream, spinach, grated parmesan cheese, minced garlic, sundried tomatoes, and fresh chopped parsley. Cooked with seared chicken until thicken to your desire, this sauce makes the food tastier and loaded with flavor. It’s good enough to make my family fall in love with.
When I served this creamy Tuscan chicken at weekend gatherings of friends, it kept my guests satisfied. It blows up their taste buds, then, making the meal more complete. The point here is some of them are not much fond of chicken. If you get interested in here, do not hesitate to turn it into your homemade food. Let’s get started!
Creamy Tuscan ChickenCourse: MainCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Medium
This chicken is defined by its creamy and flavorful sauce. It’ a perfect mix of Dijon mustard, heavy cream, spinach, grated parmesan cheese, minced garlic, sundried tomatoes, and fresh chopped parsley. Cooked with seared chicken until thicken to your desire, this sauce makes the food tastier and loaded with flavor.
- For Chicken
1 1/2 pounds large boneless and skinless chicken breasts, halved horizontally to make 4 fillets
3/4 teaspoon black cracked pepper
1 1/2 teaspoons paprika
1 1/2 teaspoons onion powder
3 tablespoons reserved sun dried tomato oil or olive oil, divided
1 teaspoon salt
- For Sauce
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1 1/2 cups heavy or thickened cream
3 cups spinach
1/2 cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese
2 tablespoons minced garlic 6 cloves
5 oz. jarred sun dried tomato strips in oil, drained (reserve 3 tablespoons for cooking)
2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley, to serve
- Season chicken with salt, pepper, paprika and onion powder.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of reserved sun dried tomato oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and sear for 6-8 minutes on each side, or until golden and cooked through. Transfer to a warm plate and set aside.
- Add remaining oil into pan and fry garlic until fragrant, about 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Add sun dried tomatoes. Fry for 1-2 minutes to release their flavors. Add Dijon mustard and stir to combine.
- Reduce heat medium-low, stir in cream and bring to a gentle simmer; stirring occasionally. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add in spinach leaves and cook until wilt in sauce. Stir in parmesan cheese and let simmer for a further minute until cheese melts through sauce.
- Return chicken to pan; top with parsley and serve over pasta, rice or steamed vegetables.