Crispy Orange Beef
Crispy Orange BeefCourse: MainCuisine: AsianDifficulty: Medium
- For Beef
2 pounds of steak: sirloin, stir fry steak or skirt steak
2 tbsp. coconut aminos or soy sauce or gluten free soy sauce
1/3 cup arrowroot starch or corn starch
1 cup of oil, for frying
- For Orange Sauce
1/3 cup fresh orange juice
2 tbsp. arrowroot or cornstarch
1/4 cup of orange rind, thinly sliced
3 tbsp. molasses
1 tbsp. rice vinegar
3 cloves of garlic, minced
1 tsp fresh ginger, minced
1/4 cup green onion, chopped for garnish
- Cut steak into bite size pieces.
- Combine coconut aminos and steak in a large bowl. Add starch and toss to coat completely.
- Spread steak out in a single layer onto a wire rack inside a cookie tray. Freeze for 45 minutes.
- Add oil to large cast iron pan or Dutch oven in last 10 minutes of freezing steak. Bring oil to 375 degrees F.
- Add steak and fry until golden brown on each side, about 3 minutes. Transfer to a bowl lined with paper towel.
- To serve sauce on the side: Combine all sauce ingredients in a small sauce pan, whisk and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until thickened, about 3 minutes.
- To serve sauce over beef: Add all sauce ingredients to a small bowl and whisk. Once steak is done, remove oil and toss sauce into frying pan. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to low, cook for for 3 minutes. Add steak bites and stir to evenly coat with sauce.
- Garnish with fresh chopped parsley, if desired. Serve with rice. Enjoy!