Grilled Chicken Burrito Bowl
This Grilled Chicken Burrito Bowl is a crave-worthy dinner. It’s loaded with tastes and flavors of a burrito but served in a bowl. Grilled chicken, black beans, salsa, sliced avocado, sour cream and shredded lettuce, and white rice (as a base) are arranged together in the bowl. Very eye-catching, making it suitable to make any time, especially in scorching days of summer. It’s now one of the “irresistible” dishes of my family.
You can swap white rice with quinoa or cauliflower rice if you prefer cutting the carbs of meals. Your burrito bowl is still tasty and flavorful. You even replace grilled chicken with grilled shrimp, grilled salmon or grilled pork if you like. As the recipe is quite flexible, just adapt it so that it best fits the taste of your family.
If you want to turn chicken into a full meal, just give this grilled chicken burrito bowl a try. I’ve tried it with my family many times and it still made us fall in love with. It’s worth mentioning that this chicken is defined by its marinade. It’s made with lime juice, sugar, kosher salt, ground cumin, minced garlic, smoked paprika., onion powder, chili power, olive oil and water. Chilled with chicken for 30 minutes, it makes chicken seasoned to perfection. Let’s check it out!
Grilled Chicken Burrito BowlCourse: Main, DinnerCuisine: MexicanDifficulty: Medium
This Grilled Chicken Burrito Bowl is a crave-worthy dinner. It’s loaded with tastes and flavors of a burrito but served in a bowl. Grilled chicken, black beans, salsa, sliced avocado, sour cream and shredded lettuce, and white rice (as a base) are arranged together in the bowl.
- For chicken
1 1/4 pounds Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
¼ teaspoon ground cumin
2 cloves garlic minced
1 1/2 teaspoons smoked paprika
1 teaspoon onion powder
1-2 tablespoons chili powder
¼ cup olive oil
⅓ cup lime juice
1 teaspoon sugar
1 teaspoon kosher salt
¼ cup water
- Other ingredients
3 cups cooked white or brown rice or quinoa
1 15- ounce can of black beans, drained and rinsed
1/2 cup salsa or pico de gallo
1 avocado thinly sliced
1/4 cup light sour cream
1/2 cup shredded romaine lettuce
1/3 cup chopped cilantro leaves
the juice of 1 lime
salt and pepper to taste
- To make marinade, gather lime juice, olive oil and water into a large resealable bag. Add garlic, sugar, salt, cumin, smoked paprika, onion powder and chili powder. Seal and shake to combine.
- Add chicken, seal and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or up to 8 hours to marinate.
- Preheat a grill, grill pan or skillet over medium high heat. Add chicken and cook for 5-6 minutes on each side or until cooked through.
- Once done, let cool and chop into bite sized pieces.
- Place rice or quinoa in a large bowl; add cilantro, lime juice and salt and pepper to taste; toss to coat the rice evenly.
- To assemble, divide rice between 4 bowls.
- Place chicken, beans, salsa, avocado, sour cream and lettuce on top of rice.
- Serve immediately!