Grilled Eggplant and Spinach Salad
Grilled Eggplant and Spinach SaladCourse: Salads, AppetizersCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
1 large eggplant cut into 3/4″ round slices
1 (5 ounce) package of spinach
1 tbsp. shallot, chopped
1 tbsp. sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
1 tbsp. fresh mint, chopped
1 tbsp. fresh parsley, chopped
1 tbsp. fresh oregano, chopped
- For Dressing
1-2 cloves garlic minced
1 heaping teaspoon tahini
1 tsp Dijon mustard
1/2 tsp smoked paprika
Juice of 1/2 lemon
1/4 cup olive oil
Salt & pepper to taste
- Slice eggplant into 3/4″ inch thick rounds. Lightly brush with salt on both sides and let sit for 10 minutes. Remove salt with water and pat dry with paper towels.
- Combine ingredients for dressing in a bowl. Whisk well and set aside.
- Heat a BBQ/grill to medium-high heat.
- Add spinach, shallot, tomatoes, mint, parsley and oregano to a large salad bowl. Mix to combine.
- Brush both sides of each eggplant slice with olive oil. Grill for 3-5 minutes per side, until browned and crispy on the outside and soft and tender on the inside.
- Remove from grill and let cool for a few minutes, then cut into quarters.
- Add eggplant to salad bowl and toss everything together with dressing.
- Serve immediately!