Grilled Lemon Chicken Flatbread Wraps
Grilled Lemon Chicken Flatbread WrapsCourse: Side Dish, AppetizersCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Medium
1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breasts (about 2 large breasts), cubed into bite-size pieces
2 cloves garlic, pressed through garlic press
Zest of 1 lemon (about 1 tablespoon)
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/4 teaspoon coriander
1/4 teaspoon paprika
Pinch or two black pepper
4 middle eastern-style flatbreads (you can use pita bread, as well)
- Spicy Garlic Sauce
3 cloves garlic, pressed through garlic press
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup sour cream or full-fat, plain Greek yogurt
1 tablespoon tahini
2 to 3 teaspoons sriracha
1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon salt
Pinch black pepper
Pinch cayenne pepper (again, you can use more, if you like it spicier)
- Place chicken into a medium-size bowl, and drizzle in 2 tablespoons of olive oil; add in garlic and paprika. Toss well to coat completely; and using your hands.
- Using 4 bamboo skewers, skewer chicken so that there is equal portions of meat on each skewer, let it rest for about 20 minutes to marinate, or even overnight in fridge. Add all ingredients for sauce to a medium-size bowl, whisk until completely smooth and creamy; set aside, or cover and keep in fridge.
- Once chicken is ready to grill, heat grill pan over medium-high heat and drizzle in a little oil.
- Place chicken skewers into pan, and cook for about 6-8 minutes, turning them occasionally, until cooked through.
- Remove from grill and let it rest, lightly covered with foil, for about 5-10 minutes. Remove chicken cubes from skewers and set aside.
- To assemble, add a little drizzle of the spicy garlic sauce onto flatbread, followed by greens.
- Add a couple of slices of tomato, chicken (about that of one skewer). Generously drizzle with garlic sauce, and fold over to form a “wrap”.
- Serve immediately!