Korean Ground Beef Stir Fry
Korean Ground Beef Stir FryCourse: MainCuisine: KoreanDifficulty: Easy
1 pound lean ground beef, 90% lean
1 red bell pepper, diced
1 zucchini, sliced
1/2 cup sugar snap peas
1/2 cup shredded carrots
8 oz. mushrooms, sliced
3 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
1 tbsp. sesame oil
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
1/2 tsp pepper
1 tbsp. olive oil
sliced green onions and sesame seeds, for garnish
- Add ground beef to a large skillet, cook over medium heat until no longer pink; crumbling as you cook. Remove, transfer to a plate, and set aside.
- Drain grease and add 1 tablespoon olive oil to skillet. Add bell pepper, zucchini, snap peas, carrots, and mushrooms. Stir-fry for 2-3 minutes or until tender.
- Return ground beef back to skillet.
- Whisk together brown sugar, soy sauce, sesame oil, ginger, red pepper flakes and pepper in a small bowl.
- Pour sauce mixture over ground beef and let simmer for another minute or two.
- Serve immediately over hot rice. Garnish with green onions and sesame seeds.