Mozzarella-Stuffed Chicken Parm
You can’t go wrong with chicken, mozzarella, parmesan, marinara sauce, and bread crumbs. Packed with flavors and textures, this Mozzarella-Stuffed Chicken Parm gets both kids and adults hooked. I love serving it at family gatherings at weekend and small parties. Serving it alongside roasted or steamed vegetables, you have a delicious meal. Yummy!
Mozzarella-Stuffed Chicken ParmCourse: DinnerCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Medium
Chicken meals are more appealing with this mozzarella-stuffed chicken parm. Spend 50 minutes, and it’s ready on your dining table.
1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts
8 oz. fresh mozzarella
1 c. all-purpose flour
3 Eggs, beaten
1 c. panko bread crumbs
1 tsp. dried oregano
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 c. freshly grated Parmesan, divided
2 c. marinara
1/4 c. thinly sliced basil
2 tbsp. chopped parsley
Olive oil, for frying
Freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Using a sharp paring knife, cut a deep slit into each chicken breast. Stuff pockets with mozzarella, then press edges to seal. Season outside with salt and pepper.
- Add flour, eggs and panko bread crumbs into three separate shallow bowls. In panko bread crumb bowl, whisk in garlic powder, dried oregano, ¼ cup Parmesan and ½ teaspoon salt.
- Dip stuffed chicken in flour, shaking off excess, then dredge into egg, tossing to coat. Finally coat in bread crumbs, making sure chicken is evenly coated.
- Heat a thin layer of olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add chicken and cook until golden on both sides, about 4 minutes per side.
- Pour marinara around chicken and scatter basil on top of marinara. Turn off heat, then sprinkle remaining Parmesan on top.
- Place skillet in oven and bake until chicken is cooked through, about 20 minutes more. Garnish with parsley. Serve warm.