Sesame ChickenCourse: MainCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
8 oz. boneless and skinless chicken breast, cut into strips
2 tablespoons oil
1 clove garlic, minced
white sesame seeds, for garnishing
oil, for deep-frying
- Fying Batter:
1/2 cup all-purpose flour, sifted
1/4 cup cornstarch
1 egg white
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/3 cup cold water
1 tablespoon oil
1 pinch salt
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 tablespoon Chinese rice vinegar or apple cider vinegar
2 teaspoons cornstarch
4 tablespoons sugar
1/3 cup water
- Add all ingredients for sauce to a small bowl. Stir to combine and set aside.
- Whisk together all ingredients for Frying Batter in a bowl until well combined. Add in chicken, stir to coat completely.
- Heat 2-3 inches of oil in a wok or a stockpot to over high heat. Carefully drop chicken; loosen up immediately with a spatula. Deep-fry until golden brown on both sides.
- Remove from oil with a strainer or slotted spoon and transfer to a plate lined with paper towel to excess oil. Discard oil.
- Heat up 2 tablespoons of oil in a wok or skillet over high heat. Add garlic and stir-fry until fragrant.
- Add sauce and cook until it starts to thicken. Add fried chicken; stir continuously until all ingredients are well coated with sauce.
- Arrange on a serving plate and garnish with white sesame. Serve immediately with steamed rice.
- My batter is very thick because it will make the chicken extra crispy, even after adding the sauce. If it’s too thick to work with, add 1-2 tablespoons water to loosen it up.
4 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories304
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 9g 45%
- Cholesterol 36mg 12%
- Sodium 595mg 25%
- Potassium 308mg 9%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber 1g 4%
- Sugars 12g
- Protein 15g 30%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.