Almond Poppy Seed French Toast
Almond Poppy Seed French ToastCourse: BreakfastCuisine: French, AmericanDifficulty: Easy
1 loaf day-old bread
2 large eggs
1 cup buttermilk
1 tbsp. sugar
1 tbsp. poppy seeds
butter for the griddle
1/2 tsp almond extract more to taste
- Cut bread in nice thick slices.
- Crack eggs in a wide shallow dish and whisk well. Add in buttermilk, sugar, poppy seeds, and extract and blend until the sugar is dissolved.
- Heat a griddle and add some butter in it.
- Soak each bread slice into the egg batter. Place the bread into the griddle.
- Fry the bread until golden brown on each side, and hot throughout.
- Arrange on a plate. Serve hot with butter, maple syrup, and some sliced almonds on top. Sprinkle with a pinch of salt.