Asian Sloppy Joes
Having no idea for what to make for lunch at weekend? These Asian Sloppy Joes surely help. Hamburgers stuffed with delicious mix of ground pork, ketchup, hoisin, soy sauce, brown sugar, and apple cider vinegar, and a creamy layer of shredded cabbage, mayonnaise and lime juice. Coming out flavorful and tasty, these get both kids and adults hooked. My kids even love these for dinner.
Asian Sloppy JoesCourse: Dinner, LunchCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
If you prefer ground pork to ground beef in this Asian Sloppy Joes recipe , just give it a try. It works with my family and hope that it satisfies you, too.
1 lb. ground pork (or ground beef)
1 c. Shredded cabbage
2 tbsp. mayonnaise
Juice of half lime
2 tbsp. sesame seeds
2 Thinly sliced green onions
4 sesame buns
1/2 c. ketchup
1/2 c. hoisin sauce
2 tbsp. low sodium soy sauce
2 tbsp. brown sugar
1 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
2 tsp. sesame oil
1/2 onion, chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
Freshly ground black pepper
- Heat sesame oil in a large skillet over medium heat until fragrant. Add onions and cook until beginning to turn tender, about 4 minutes, then stir in garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add ground pork, breaking up with a wooden spoon, and cook until no longer pink, about 6 minutes.
- Stir in ketchup, hoisin, soy sauce, brown sugar, and apple cider vinegar. Season with salt and pepper and bring mixture to a simmer. Cook until thickened, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Combine together shredded cabbage, mayonnaise and lime juice in a medium bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- To assemble: Top bottom half of each bun with sloppy joe mixture then sprinkle with green onions and sesame seeds. Top with remaining bun halves.