Avocado Egg Toasts
These are our new favorite for breakfast. Avocado Egg Toasts. They are super healthy yet incredibly good. If you are big fans of homemade breakfast (and homemade food), you should never miss these. Ready in just 10 minutes, you no longer rush out of the door with some toast on hand or drop by a fast food restaurant for a hamburger. Instead, you can sit down, enjoy these nutritious toast with a glass of milk. Then, they’re enough to keep you staying energized till lunch time.
Bread slices are lightly toasted in advance, spread with mashed avocado, covered with sliced tomatoes, and topped with a fried egg. To best serve, you can drizzle your toast with a hot sauce of your choice. Easy, right? Any of you can make an excellent job with this. You may even let your kid do the cooking at weekend under your instructions. You guys can get a lot of fun together.
It’s undeniable that a good breakfast will boost your mood the whole morning. It’s not only for your energy levels. If you swap whole wheat bread with almond flour bread, these avocado egg toasts are also friendly to keto and low-carb diet. Let’s check it out!
Avocado Egg ToastsCourse: BreakfastCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
Bread slices are lightly toasted in advance, spread with mashed avocado, covered with sliced tomatoes, and topped with a fried egg. To best serve, you can drizzle your toast with a hot sauce of your choice. Easy, right?
2 slices whole wheat bread toasted (or any bread of your choice)
3/4 avocado, pit and skin removed
2 tomatoes, cored and sliced
¼ teaspoon ground cumin
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ghee
Dash of salt
Hot sauce (optional)
- Add avocado in a bowl. Smash with the back of a fork until fairly smooth. Stir in cumin and salt.
- Spread avocado evenly onto each piece of toast. Top with tomato slices.
- Heat ghee in a small non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Crack eggs into the skillet, be careful not to break the yolks.
- Cook until the whites are set, but the yolks are still runny.
- Place one fried egg on top of each piece of toast. Sprinkle with dash of salt. Serve with hot sauce, if desired.