Zucchini Ravioli is a vegetable dish that you can’t get enough of. It’s a cheesy and flavorful mix of zucchini noodles, ricotta, Parmesan, egg, 2 tablespoons basil, and garlic filling, marinara sauce, and shredded mozzarella topping. My family all fall in love with it from the moment tasting it. The point here is my kids. Although they’re not fond of zucchini, they still give it an absolute yes.
Zucchini RavioliCourse: DinnerCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Medium
As zucchini is low in carbs, this zucchini ravioli is also friendly to keto and low-carb diets. Let’s give it a try!
4 medium zucchini
2 c. ricotta
1/2 c. freshly grated Parmesan, plus more for garnish
1 large egg, lightly beaten
1/4 c. thinly sliced basil, divided
2 c. marinara
1/2 c. shredded mozzarella
1 clove garlic, minced
Freshly ground black pepper
Extra-virgin olive oil, for baking dish
- Preheat oven to 375°F and grease a large baking dish with olive oil.
- To make noodles: Cut off two sides of each zucchini, lengthwise to create two flat sides.
- Using a vegetable peeler, slice each zucchini into thin flat strips, peeling until you reach the center. These are your “noodles.”
- To make filling: Add ricotta, Parmesan, egg, 2 tablespoons basil, and garlic to a medium bowl. Whisk to combine and season with salt and pepper.
- To assemble: Lay two strips of zucchini noodles, overlap lengthwise. Lay two more noodles on top, perpendicular to the first strips. You should end up with a “T” shape.
- Add about 1 tablespoon of filling in the center of zucchini. Bring the ends of the strips together to fold over the center, working one side at a time.
- Turn ravioli over and place in baking dish, seam-side down. Repeat with remaining zucchini and filling. Pour marinara around zucchini and top ravioli with mozzarella.
- Bake until zucchini noodles are “al dente” and cheese is melty and golden on top, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Top with remaining basil and Parmesan. Serve immediately.