Avocado Toast with Garlic Mushrooms
Avocado Toast with Garlic MushroomsCourse: Breakfast, Appetizers, SnacksCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
- Garlic Mushrooms
1 oz mushrooms
1-2 tbsp soy sauce or tamari
1 garlic clove
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp lemon juice
salt and pepper to taste
a bit of coconut milk
1 handful basil or spinach (optional)
- Further Ingredients
2 slices bread or toast
fresh herbs, sesame
- Garlic mushrooms
- Clean mushrooms, dry and slice. Finely chop onion and garlic.
- Heat olive oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add mushrooms and fry for about 5 minutes on both sides until golden brown.
- Add onion and garlic and stir fry for 1-2 minutes. Drizzle with soy sauce and fry for more 1-2 minutes over low heat.
- Cut avocado in half, remove core, scoop the flesh with a spoon. Add all guacamole ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth and creamy. Season to taste.
- Lightly toast the bread in 5 minutes or less.
- Spread guacamole evenly onto toast. Top with fried mushrooms.
- Sprinkle with more salt to taste and pepper, if desired and some fresh herbs and nuts or seeds