Bacon-Weave Apple Pie
Love adding something new to your apple pie? Just replace traditional dough crust with bacon weave. It sounds weird but works so well. And, that’s what this Bacon-Weave Apple Pie offers. It’s now one of my family’s favorite snack for weekend gatherings and parties. The way to make it is given here, just give it a go if you get interested. Here we go!
Bacon-Weave Apple PieCourse: Snacks, DessertCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Medium
1 package store-bought pie crust
3 lb. apples, such as Granny Smith, peeled, cored, and cut into small wedges
10 pieces bacon, par cooked if desired
1/2 c. sugar
2 tbsp. flour
1 tbsp. lemon juice
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 c. brown sugar
Pinch kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F and spray a pie pan with cooking spray.
- Add apples, sugar, flour, lemon juice, cinnamon and salt to a large bowl, stir to combine.
- Place pie crust into a pie plate and crimp the edges. Pour apples into pie crust and top with bacon lattice, trimming edges if bacon extends past crust.
- Sprinkle bacon with brown sugar and cover with aluminum foil. Bake for 1 hour, then remove aluminum foil and bake another 15 minutes, until bacon is crisp.
- Let pie cool, then slice and serve.