Beef and Broccoli Stir Fry
Beef and Broccoli Stir FryCourse: MainCuisine: AsianDifficulty: Easy
1 1/4 lbs. flank steak thinly sliced
2 cups broccoli florets
1/4 cup oyster sauce
1/4 cup beef broth or water
1 teaspoon sugar
2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
1 teaspoon soy sauce
1 teaspoon cornstarch
2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon vegetable oil, divided
salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat 1 teaspoon vegetable oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add broccoli and cook for 4 minutes until tender.
- Toss in ginger and garlic and cook for 30 seconds more. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Wipe out pan with a paper towel and increase heat to high. Add remaining tablespoon of oil.
- Season steak pieces with salt and pepper. Place in pan, in batches, cook for 3-4 minutes on each side, until browned and cooked through. Repeat with second batch.
- Return broccoli back to pan and cook for 2 more minutes or until warmed through.
- Combine oyster sauce, beef broth, sugar, sesame oil and soy sauce in a bowl. Mix cornstarch with a tablespoon of cold water in another bowl.
- Pour oyster sauce mixture over beef and vegetables; cook for 30 seconds. Stir in cornstarch and bring to a boil; cook for 1 more minute or until sauce has just started to thicken.
- Serve immediately, with rice, if desired. Enjoy!