This Chicken Bake is really worth tasting. It’s pizza dough spread evenly with Caesar dressing, topped with cooked chicken, bacon, mozzarella, Parmesan, and green onions, rolled up into a large log. This pizza is then brushed with egg wash and sprinkled with more cheese and Italian seasoning, and baked until golden and the dough is cooked through. Coming out delicious and flavorful, it surely keeps your taste buds satisfied.
Chicken BakeCourse: Dinner, MainCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Medium
If you are looking for a good chicken recipe to jazz up boring dinner, this chicken bake is the way to go. I just fall for it.
1 lb. chicken breast
1/2 c. freshly grated Parmesan, plus more for sprinkling
1 lb. pizza dough
1/4 c. Caesar dressing
2 c. shredded mozzarella, plus more for sprinkling
2 green onions, thinly sliced
1/2 lb. bacon
2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil, divided
1 tsp. Italian seasoning
Freshly ground black pepper
2 tbsp. chopped parsley
- Preheat oven to 425° F and prepare a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat, add bacon and cook until crispy. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate to drain, then chop into small pieces. Wipe skillet clean.
- Season both sides of chicken breasts with Italian seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook until golden on both sides, 6 to 8 minutes. Remove and let rest for 5 minutes before chopping into small pieces.
- Divide pizza dough into two pieces. Transfer to a lightly floured surface, roll and stretch pizza dough to about 1/4″ thickness.
- Spread half Caesar dressing onto pizza dough and top with half of each chicken, bacon, mozzarella, Parmesan, and green onions.
- Roll pizza dough into a large log. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- Transfer logs to baking sheet. Brush with egg wash and sprinkle with more cheese and Italian seasoning.
- Bake in preheated oven until golden and dough is cooked through, about 25 minutes.
- Garnish with parsley, then cut into slices.
- Serve warm.