Chinese Black Pepper Beef
Chinese Black Pepper BeefCourse: MainCuisine: ChineseDifficulty: Easy
200 g beef steak, cut into small strips
- For Marinade
1/2 tbsp. Chinese cooking wine, Shaoxing wine
1.5 tbsp. oyster sauce
1/2 tbsp. light soy sauce
1/4 tsp. ground pepper
1/4 tsp. sugar
2 tsp. corn starch
1 tsp. sesame oil
- Other Ingredients
2 fresh green peppers, seeds removed and finely shredded
1/4 red onion, shredded
1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
vegetable cooking oil, as needed
2 garlic cloves
- Add all ingredients for marinade to a bowl. Whisk well to combine. Add in steak and let marinate for 15 minutes. Mix in sesame oil just before start frying.
- Heat vegetable oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Swirl to coat completely. Add steak strips and sear for around 5 to 6 seconds. Gently stir them several times until change color. Transfer to a plate and leave around 1 tablespoon of oil in.
- Add garlic and fry until aromatic. Add green peppers and red onion, stir-fry until slightly soft.
- Add a small pinch of salt. Return beef strips to skillet and mix well. Spread freshly ground black pepper.
- Serve hot with noodles or steamed rice. Enjoy!