Cubed Peppers with Steak Stir Fry
Cubed Peppers with Steak Stir FryCourse: MainCuisine: ChineseDifficulty: Easy
8 ounce 8 ounce flank steak, sliced in strips against the grain
1 red bell pepper, cut into 1 inch cubes or strips
1 green bell pepper, cut into 1 inch cubes or strips
1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
1/2 cup soy sauce low sodium
1 tbsp. cornstarch
2 tsp sesame oil
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 tsp ground ginger
2 tbsp. olive oil, divided
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a medium skillet or wok over medium high heat.
- Add bell peppers and cook for 1-2 minutes until tender. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Increase heat to high and add flank steak. Cook until no longer pink and brown on both sides.
- Whisk together garlic, brown sugar, soy sauce, sesame oil, ginger and cornstarch in a small bowl.
- Bring peppers back to skillet and add sauce. Let simmer for 1-2 minutes until sauce starts to thicken.
- Serve immediately over rice. Enjoy!