Eggplant BaconCourse: Sides, SnacksCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
1 medium eggplant
2 tbsp. soy sauce
1 tsp. maple syrup
1/2 tsp. smoked paprika
1/2 tsp. Liquid Smoke
2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
Freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 300°F. Prepare 2 baking sheets lined with parchment paper.
- Cut eggplant in quarters, lengthwise. Slice each quarter into long, thin strips.
- Add olive oil, soy sauce, maple syrup, paprika, and liquid smoke to a small bowl. Whisk well to combine.
- Place eggplant onto baking sheets and brush both sides with sauce. Season with pepper.
- Bake in preheated oven for 45-50 minutes, until eggplant is cooked through and beginning to get crisp.
- Serve immediately!