Hot Dog Fried Rice
One pan meal is without dispute a perfect food for lunch and dinner when you are short on time. This Hot Dog Fried Rice is one of them. Onions, carrots, and hot dogs, sesame oil, rice, eggs, frozen peas, and soy sauce combines together. The mixture comes out delicious and flavorful. My kids and I are now big fans of it, and I make it at least twice a month. Yummy!
Hot Dog Fried RiceCourse: Dinner, LunchCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
This hot dog fried rice is great to make at any time. Aside from above ingredients, you can add in more vegetables if preferred. Enjoy!
2 hot dogs, sliced into coins and halved
2 1/2 c. cooked white rice
2 eggs, lightly beaten
2/3 c. frozen peas
2 tbsp. soy sauce
1 tbsp. butter
1/2 Onion, finely chopped
3 medium carrots, peeled and diced
1 Garlic clove, minced
1 tbsp. sesame oil
1 scallion, thinly sliced
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onions, carrots, and hot dogs and cook until onions become translucent, 3-5 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Stir in sesame oil and let heat 1 minute, add rice, and let cook for 3 minutes.
- Push rice to one side of pan . Add eggs, scrambling and incorporating them into rice when they are fully cooked.
- Add in peas and soy sauce and stir to combine.
- Top with scallions, if desired. Serve immediately.