Italian Deli Roll Ups
Looking for something fun delicious that is great for appetizer, snack, lunch and dinner? Italian Deli roll ups promise to keep you satisfied. Layers of provolone cheese, ricotta cheese mixture, peppers and basil wrapped inside the salami and ham base, rolled up and cut on a diagonal in half. The whole process costs only 5 minutes but offers more than that. They got all my family hooked!
If you are big fan of sub sandwiches, you should never miss these Italian Deli roll ups. They are great choices to get your meals started in the right direction, healthy snacks, quick-prep lunch and easy dinner. I serve them for daily meals, weekend gatherings and even game day viewing parties. They treat a hungry crowd so well. They prefer eating these to packaged food and fast food. Then, these become of the recipes I got asked to bring to any gathering. Such a great compliment!
There is one thing worth mentioning that these are great for keto and low-carb eaters. They contain only 4.1g of carbs per serving, 1.1 of which is fiber. The reason is simple. These are wrapped up with ham and salami instead of traditional tortillas. Just have them to make your diet less boring. Here we go!
Italian Deli Roll UpsCourse: Appetizers, SnacksCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
Layers of provolone cheese, ricotta cheese mixture, peppers and basil wrapped inside the salami and ham base, rolled up and cut on a diagonal in half
1 cup ricotta cheese
1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 lb. salami, thinly sliced
1/2 lb. ham, thinly sliced
1/2 lb. provolone cheese, thinly sliced
1 12 ounce jar roasted red peppers, drained and sliced
1 12 ounce jar banana peppers, drained
1/2 cup fresh basil, chopped
- In a small mixing bowl, add ricotta cheese, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Stir to well combined.
- On a cutting board, lay out 3 slices of salami so that the edges overlap each other.
- Lay 2 slices of ham on top of the salami, followed by 2 slices of provolone cheese.
- Spread a thin layer of the ricotta cheese on top of the provolone.
- Add 2 thin strips of red peppers and 5 or 6 banana peppers, making a line across the center of the roll up.
- Sprinkle with 1 teaspoon of the chopped basil.
- Roll up the wrap tightly, from one end to another. Repeat with other roll ups.
- Cut on a diagonal in half. Serve.