Jalapeño Cornbread Poppers
Finding a tasty and tangy food to get your meal started in the right direction? These Jalapeño Cornbread Poppers are the way to go. Jalapeno halves are filled with a flavorful mix of corn muffin mix, egg, sour cream, corn, chopped bacon, cheddar and chives. They’re then baked in the oven until cornbread is golden. Who can resist them? I know that I can’t.
Jalapeño Cornbread PoppersCourse: Appetizers, SidesCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
These jalapeño cornbread poppers are now one of my family’s favorites. We love serving it for weekend meals and small parties.
1 box JIFFY corn muffin mix
6 slices bacon
1/2 c. sour cream
Freshly ground black pepper
1/2 c. creamed corn, drained (optional)
1/2 c. shredded Cheddar
1 large egg
2 tbsp. finely chopped chives, plus more for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350° F and prepare a large baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Cut jalapeños in half, lengthwise and scoop out seeds. Place on prepared baking sheet.
- Cook bacon over medium heat until crispy. Reserving grease, remove from heat and drain bacon on paper towels and let cool. Chop into small pieces.
- Gather corn muffin mix, egg, sour cream, and reserved bacon fat in a large bowl, and mix until combined.
- Season with pepper then fold in corn (if using), chopped bacon, cheddar and chives.
- Scoop cornbread batter into jalapeño halves and bake until cornbread is golden, 18 to 20 minutes.
- Garnish with chives and serve.