Jalapeño Popper Dogs
If you are fans of jalapeno poppers and hot dogs, you should never miss these jalapeno popper dogs for meal. They’re packed with flavors, and quite fun to eat. Hot dogs are cut in halves, added with pieces of cheese, stuffed into jalapeno tubes, and grilled until peppers are charred on the outside and cooked through. These are served with hot dog buns and drizzles of mustard. Yummy!
Jalapeño Popper DogsCourse: Breakfast, Brunch, LunchCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
These jalapeno popper dogs are great for brunch, lunch and dinner. The way to make them is quite simple, so you guys feel free to give them a go.
4 thin hot dogs, halved lengthwise
4 hot dog buns
12 extra large jalapeños
8 slices American cheese
Mustard, for serving
- Heat grill to high.
- Cut tops off jalapeños, then cut off bottoms where it starts to narrow.
- Remove seeds and ribs off each pepper to form a hollow tube; using a paring knife.
- Break cheese into rectangles, same width as hot dogs. Place a few pieces on a halved hot dog, then place the other half of the dog on top to re-form the hot dog with cheese in the center.
- Stuff hot dogs into jalapeño tubes.
- Grill, charring jalapeños on all sides and until dogs are warm and cheese is melty.
- Serve on hot dog buns with mustard.