Pesto Salmon and Italian Veggies in Foil
If you are looking for a savory salmon dish filled with greens, this pesto salmon and Italian veggies in foil is the way to go. It’s one of the most favorite sheet pan meals of my family, especially my husband. He’s been cut the carbs of dinner for 3 weeks, and found this salmon foil friendly to his diet. Not just that, it’s loaded with taste, flavor and nutrition. Then, he just can’t resist it.
Salmon is seasoned with salt and pepper, spread evenly with pesto on one side, topped with lemon juice, then placed in a sheet pan lined with foil, along with green beans (boiled, drained and tossed) and tomatoes (fresh, tossed). These ingredients are wrapped in foil, then baked in the oven until salmon is cooked through. Coming out tasty and flavorful, this salmon is a great choice for dinner.
Ready in just 35 minutes, this foil-packed pesto salmon and Italian veggies are suitable to make for both busy week day’s dinner and lazy weekend’ s meal. It’s also save time for preparing and cleaning after cooking. I just love it a lot. And you, ready to have it for meal? Let’s get started!
Pesto Salmon and Italian Veggies in FoilCourse: Main, DinnerCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
Salmon is seasoned with salt and pepper, spread evenly with pesto on one side, topped with lemon juice, then placed in a sheet pan lined with foil, along with green beans (boiled, drained and tossed) and tomatoes (fresh, tossed). These ingredients are wrapped in foil, then baked in the oven until salmon is cooked through.
4 (6 oz.) skinless salmon fillets
1 1/4 lbs. fresh green beans, ends trimmed or 1 lb. (medium/thin) asparagus, tough ends trimmed
4 tbsp. pesto, homemade or store-bought
4 tsp fresh lemon juice
1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
3 tsp olive oil, divided
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Prepare a baking sheet. Bring a pot of water to a boil. Cut four pieces of aluminum foil into 14-inch lengths.
- Boil green beans for 3 minutes, then carefully drain. Toss green beans with 2 tsp olive oil, and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Divide between 4 servings and place in center of each piece of foil.
- Season both sides of salmon with salt and pepper. Place salmon over green beans. Spread with 1 tbsp. pesto over top. Drizzle with 1 tsp lemon juice.
- Toss tomatoes with remaining olive oil and season lightly with salt. Spread over each salmon fillet.
- Wrap sides of foil in, roll and crimp edge to seal, then wrap ends upward to seal
- Place side by side on baking sheet and bake for 20 – 28 minutes, until salmon has cooked through.
- Remove from oven, carefully open the foil and serve!