Pumpkin Spice Poke Cake
Pumpkin cake is poked with holes, then filled with caramel, spread all over with whipped topping, sprinkled with pumpkin pie spice, and drizzled with more caramel. To make it a bit crunchy, you can sprinkle some chopped pecans on top. And, they are what to make Pumpkin Spice Poke Cake. My family just go crazy for it. Yummy!
Pumpkin Spice Poke CakeCourse: Dessert, SnacksCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Medium
If you have no idea for what to make with pumpkin, just give this pumpkin spice poke cake a go. Enjoy!
1 box vanilla cake mix
1 (15-oz.) can pumpkin puree
1 (10-oz.) jar caramel
1 (8-oz.) container whipped topping
Pumpkin pie spice, for garnish
1/4 c. toasted chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350° F and prepare a 9″-x-13” pan lined with parchment.
- Add cake mix and pumpkin puree to a large bowl, whisk until smooth.
- Spread batter into pan and bake until an inserted toothpick at the middle comes out clean, 27 to 30 minutes. Let cool completely.
- Poke holes all over surface of the cake; using the back of a wooden spoon. Fill holes with caramel.
- Spread whipped topping all over the top of cake, then sprinkle with pumpkin pie spice and drizzle with more caramel. Sprinkle with chopped pecans.
- Cut into squares. Serve.