Quick Asian Beef Ramen Noodles
Quick Asian Beef Ramen NoodlesCourse: Main, DinnerCuisine: AsianDifficulty: Easy
7oz. ground beef
2 packets ramen or other instant noodles, discard seasoning
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 onion, sliced
1 tsp oil
2 tsp sesame oil (or more oil)
1 1/4 cups water, plus more as needed
big handful bean sprouts
- For Sauce
1 tbsp. Oyster sauce (or Hoisin)
2 tsp Hoisin sauce (or more Oyster sauce)
1 tbsp. dark soy sauce
1 tbsp. mirin
- For Garnish (Optional)
finely sliced green onion / shallots
- Add all ingredients for sauce to a bowl, whisk to combine and set aside.
- Heat oil in a medium skillet over high heat. Add onion and garlic, stir-fry for a minute or more.
- Add beef, crumble and cook until no longer pink.
- Stir in prepared sauce, and cook for 2-3 minutes until well caramelized.
- Push beef to one side of skillet. Add water, place noodles in water. Leave for 45 seconds then turn.
- Leave for 30 seconds, then untangle noodles, then toss through beef.
- Add beansprouts, toss for 1 minute until sauce reduces to coat noodles and noodles are cooked.
- Garnished with green onions and sesame seeds. Serve immediately!