Christmas Egg In A Hole
Here is an amazing recipe for egg toast that you can easily make at home. Christmas Egg In A Hole. Bread sliced is made with shapes of Christmas ornaments at the center, roasted on pan until the bottom is golden, filled with delicious egg mixture of eggs, shredded cheddar, milk, parsley, chives, salt and pepper, and cooked until egg set. Coming out flavorful and super fun, this egg toast will get you hooked.
Christmas Egg In A HoleCourse: Breakfast, SnacksCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
This Christmas egg in a hole is great for breakfast, brunch and lunch. Ready in 20 minutes, it surely fits your cooking time.
6 Sliced bread
1/2 c. shredded Cheddar cheese
2 tbsp. milk
2 tbsp. chopped parsley
2 tbsp. finely chopped chives
Freshly ground black pepper
Butter, for pan
- Use festive cookie cutters to stamp out shapes on bread slices. Reserve cutout pieces to toast later!
- Add eggs, cheese, milk, parsley and chives to a medium bowl, whisk to well combined. Season with salt and pepper.
- Melt 1 tablespoon of butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add as many bread slices that will fit and cook until bottoms are golden, about 2 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low then flip bread slices. Pour egg mixture into each cutout shape. Cover with a lid and cook until egg is set, another 3 to 4 minutes.
- Remove from heat and repeat until no ingredient remains, adding more butter as necessary.
- Toast reserved cutout pieces and serve warm.