Let’s get into margarita flavors and pamper your sweet tooth with these Margarita Bars. They are defined by a filling made with eggs, sugar, zest, lime juice, tequila and flour. This filling is evenly poured over baked crust (made with crushed pretzels, butter and sugar), and baked until set. Once it’s cool enough, cut into slices and serve. These bars are an appealing dessert and snack for small parties.
Margarita BarsCourse: Dessert, SnacksCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Medium
If you are finding a sweet, tangy and “alcoholic” dessert and snack, just give these margarita bars a go.
- FOR CRUST
2 c. Crushed Pretzels
1/2 c. unsalted butter, melted
3 tbsp. granulated sugar
- FOR FILLING
1/2 c. freshly squeezed lime juice
3 tbsp. tequila
2/3 c. all-purpose flour
4 large eggs
2 c. sugar
1 tbsp. lime zest
Powdered sugar, for dusting
Lime wedges, for garnish
Salt, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350° F and prepare a 9”-x-9” baking dish lined with parchment paper.
- Combine crushed pretzels, butter and sugar n a large bowl. Press into baking dish and bake for 10 minutes.
- Place on a baking rack to cool.
- Add eggs, sugar, zest, lime juice, tequila and flour in a large bowl, whisk together to combined.
- Pour over crust and bake until filling is set, 33 to 35 minutes.
- Let cool, then slice and dust with powdered sugar.
- Top with limes wedges dipped in salt for garnish. Serve.