Asian Beef with Mushrooms & Snow Peas
Asian Beef with Mushrooms & Snow PeasCourse: MainCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
- For Asian Sauce
1/2 cup tamari or low-sodium soy sauce
5 tablespoons brown sugar
2 teaspoons rice vinegar
6 garlic cloves minced
1/2 teaspoon ginger
- For Beef
1 pound beef thinly sliced (sirloin steak strips, flank steak, or any other steak)
10 oz. snow peas
10 oz. mushrooms, thinly sliced
4 tablespoons olive oil
- To prepare Asian sauce
- Combine all ingredients for sauce in a bowl. Whisk well and set aside.
- Bring a pot of water to boil. Add snow peas, cook for 5 minutes, drain. Set aside.
- To cook mushrooms
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add sliced mushrooms until brown nicely; turning occasionally
- Season with a bit salt, half way through, midway. Transfer to a bowl.
- To sear beef
- Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil to skillet and heat. Add beef, in batches, cook until browns nicely on one side. Flip over and brown the other side.
- Transfer to a plate and repeat with second batch.
- To assemble
- Return beef back to skillet. Add snow peas and cooked mushrooms, then Asian sauce. Stir everything to combine on high heat, for about 1 minute.
- Turn off heat. Cover the skillet with a lid.
- Serve immediately!