Asian Garlic Noodle Bowl
You are short on time for dinner? Just give this Asian Garlic Noodle Bowl a try. It is now one of the most beloved foods of my family. The reason is very simple. It’s tasty yet incredibly quick to cook. This makes my cooking time easier after a long day at work. I sometimes make it for lunch at weekend when I’m lazy. My kids and husband are also happy to eat it. They even ask me to replace shrimp with grilled chicken and pork. It’s really worth trying!
This Asian noodle is a perfect mix of spaghetti, shrimp, sliced mushrooms, diced bell pepper, diced zucchini, grated carrot and an Asian sauce. It’s made with soy sauce, sambal oelek, oyster sauce, minced garlic, brown sugar, freshly grated ginger and sesame oil. Drizzled over the pasta and vegetables, and cooked until combined, it makes the food tastier and more flavorful. We just fall for it.
If you are a fan of one pan meal, you should never miss this Asian garlic noodle bowl. Ready in 30 minutes, it’s perfect “to-go” dinner for busy days. Those who want to make their pasta life less boring, should also give it a try, too. Let’s check it out!
Asian Garlic Noodle BowlCourse: Dinner, LunchCuisine: AsianDifficulty: Medium
This Asian noodle is a perfect mix of spaghetti, shrimp, sliced mushrooms, diced bell pepper, diced zucchini, grated carrot and an Asian sauce. It’s made with soy sauce, sambal oelek, oyster sauce, minced garlic, brown sugar, freshly grated ginger and sesame oil.
8 ounces spaghetti
12 ounces medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
8 ounces cremini mushrooms, sliced
1 red bell pepper, diced
2 zucchinis, diced
1 carrot, grated
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- For sauce
1/3 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
1 tablespoon sambal oelek (ground fresh chile paste)
1 tablespoon oyster sauce
3 cloves, garlic, minced
2 tablespoons brown sugar, packed
1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
1 teaspoon sesame oil
- Combine soy sauce, garlic, brown sugar, sambal oelek, oyster sauce, ginger and sesame oil in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Cook pasta according to package instructions; drain well.
- Heat a large skillet with olive oil over medium high heat. Add shrimp and 2 tablespoons sauce mixture. Cook until pink, about 2-3 minutes; stirring occasionally. Set aside.
- Add mushrooms, bell pepper, zucchinis and carrot. Stir fry until tender, about 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in spaghetti, shrimp and remaining soy sauce mixture. Cook until well combined, about 2-3 minutes.
- Garnished with cilantro, if desired.
- Serve immediately!