Beef and Noodle Stir Fry
Beef and Noodle Stir FryCourse: Dinner, LunchCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
- For Sauce
2/3 c. reduced-sodium soy sauce
2/3 c. beef broth
1 tsp. cornstarch
2 tbsp. brown sugar
4 cloves garlic, minced
2 tsp. minced ginger
- For Stir-fry
1 lb. boneless beef sirloin steak, thinly sliced
1 lb. linguini noodles
2 c. broccoli florets
1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
1 onion, thinly sliced
2 carrots, sliced into match-sticks
1-2 cup cabbage, shredded
4 tsp canola oil, divided
sesame seeds to taste (optional)
- Whisk together soy sauce, broth, brown sugar, garlic, and ginger in a small mixing bowl.
- Pour half of marinade into a gallon-sized Ziploc bag, add sliced beef, seal (pressing as much air out as you can), and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Add cornstarch to remaining marinade in bowl and stir until smooth, cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Cook linguini noodles according to package directions. Drain.
- Heat 2 tsp. oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add steak slices, discard excess marinade. Stir-fry until just browned, transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Add remaining oil to skillet. Add peppers, onion, carrots, and broccoli, stir fry until onions become clear and soft.
- Add cabbage and return beef to skillet. Cook until cabbage becomes soft.
- Toss in noodles and stir to coat with beef, vegetables and sauce.
- Top with sesame seeds. Serve immediately!