Chicken and Avocado Tacos with Creamy Cilantro Sauce
Chicken and Avocado Tacos with Creamy Cilantro SauceCourse: DinnerCuisine: MexicanDifficulty: Easy
- For Chicken
1 pound chicken breasts, cut into bite size pieces
1 tbsp. chili powder
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/4 teaspoon onion or garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
2 tbsp. olive oil
2 clove garlic, crushed or minced
1 tbsp. olive oil
squeeze of lime (optional)
- For Cilantro Lime Sauce
1/2 cup sour cream or Greek Yogurt or Mayo
1 teaspoon lime juice
1/4 cup cilantro
1 clove garlic
salt and pepper to taste
- To Assemble
6-8 small tortillas corn or flour
2 avocados, sliced
- To Cook Chicken
- Chop chicken breasts into small bite-size pieces.
- Add olive oil, garlic, chili, cumin, onion powder, and salt to a medium bowl. Whisk well to combine.
- Add in chicken and toss to coat completely. Cover with plastic bag and refrigerate for at least 10 minutes or up to 48 hours.
- Heat olive oil in a large heavy-duty or cast iron skillet on medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook until charred and cooked through, 8-12 minutes.
- Turn off heat and finish with a squeeze of lime (optional).
- To Make Cilantro Lime Sauce
- Add sour cream, cilantro, garlic, lime juice and salt & pepper to blender or food processor. Pulse for 30 seconds to 1 minutes or until creamy and smooth.
- To Assemble
- Warm or lightly roast tortillas on stove-top, if desired.
- Place some chicken on each tortilla. Top with avocado and cilantro sauce.
- Serve immediately!