Garlicky Shrimp Zucchini Boats
I just love shrimp and zucchini to combine together! Then these Garlicky Shrimp and Zucchini Boats are “to-go” recipe. I’ve made them twice this month. Can you guess how my family react to this stuffed zucchini? My kids go crazy for them right. The point here is that they’re not a big fan of shrimp or zucchini. These boats just taste so good, then fit their taste. My husband? He is a big fan of any foods that I make. An “easy” eater and homemade food lover!
Zucchini is cut in half, lengthwise, hollowed out the inside, drizzled with oil, seasoned with salt and pepper, then baked until tender. They are next filled with cooked shrimp, zucchini, tomato, cream and parmesan, topped with shredded mozzarella then baked until cheese is bubbly. Loaded with taste and flavor, it becomes an “irresistible” dish of my family.
If you are looking for a good zucchini recipe, these garlicky shrimp zucchini boats are the way to go. As zucchini reaches its peak season in summer and shrimp (and other seafood) are highly consumed when it’s hot out, this is without dispute a perfect dish of summer days. Just spice up your cooking time with it!
Garlicky Shrimp Zucchini BoatsCourse: MainCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
Zucchini is cut in half, lengthwise, hollowed out the inside, drizzled with oil, seasoned with salt and pepper, then baked until tender. They are next filled with cooked shrimp, zucchini, tomato, cream and parmesan, topped with shredded mozzarella then baked until cheese is bubbly.
4 large zucchini, cut in half, lengthwise
3/4 lb. large shrimp, peeled and deveined
1/4 c. heavy cream
1/4 c. grated Parmesan
1 c. shredded mozzarella
Juice of 1/2 lemon
1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
1 tsp. thyme leaves
2 tbsp. butter
2 tomatoes, chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
Freshly chopped parsley, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare a baking dish and set aside.
- Hollow out insides of zucchini and save for later.
- Place zucchini boats in baking dish and drizzle with oil. Season with salt and pepper, sprinkle with thyme leaves on top. Bake for about 20 minutes; until tender.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add shrimp and season with salt and pepper. Cook until pink and cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let cool. Chop into bite-size pieces.
- Bring shrimp back to skillet. Stir in reserved zucchini, tomatoes, and garlic and cook until fragrant to combine, cook for 1 minute more.
- Add cream, Parmesan, and lemon juice, and cook until slightly reduced, 3 minutes.
- Scoop shrimp mixture into zucchini boats, top with mozzarella.
- Bake until cheese is bubbly, about 10 minutes.
- Garnish with more Parmesan and parsley. Serve!