Mongolian Beef and Broccoli
Mongolian Beef and BroccoliCourse: MainCuisine: ChineseDifficulty: Easy
1.5 lb. flank steak
2 cups broccoli florets
1/4 cup chicken broth (or water)
3 green onions, sliced into 1” strips
1 tsp sea salt, divided
1/2 tsp black pepper
4–5 tbsp. avocado oil
2 tbsp. arrowroot starch
3 cloves garlic
1 thumb ginger, grated
1/3 cup coconut aminos
Cauliflower rice to serve (optional)
- Heat 1-2 tbsp. of avocado in a large deep skillet on medium heat. Add broccoli and season with a pinch of salt and pepper. Cook for 6-7 minutes until fork tender. Remove broccoli from pan, set aside, and wipe out pan.
- Toss flank steak with salt and pepper on both sides. Cut into 1″ bite-sized slices against the grain; using a sharp knife.
- Add arrowroot starch to a bowl and add steak slices, coating thoroughly.
- Add 2-3 tbsp. of avocado oil to pan and heat up. Add half of steak slices, and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side, until cooked. Set aside.
- Add garlic and ginger to pan and cook for a minute.
- Pour in coconut aminos and chicken broth. Return steak back to pan and cook for another 2 minutes, until sauce gets thicken.
- Bring sliced green onion and broccoli back to pan. Cook for another minute.
- Serve warm with cauliflower rice. Enjoy!