Mongolian Beef (Pf Changs Copycat)
Mongolian Beef (Pf Changs Copycat)Course: MainCuisine: ChineseDifficulty: Easy
1 1/2 pounds flank steak
1/2 cup cornstarch
1 tbsp. vegetable oil
1-2 teaspoons minced ginger
1 tbsp. minced garlic
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/2 cup water
3/4 cup dark brown sugar
1 cup vegetable oil
1 bunch green onions, cut on diagonal into 2-inch pieces
1/4 tsp red pepper flakes, optional
- Heat 1 tablespoon vegetable oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add ginger and garlic and stir for 30 seconds.
- Add soy sauce, water, and brown sugar. Bring to a boil and simmer until thickened some, 10-15 minutes.
- Slice flank steak against the grain into 1/4-inch slices. Toss with cornstarch and let sit for 10-15 minutes.
- Heat 1 cup vegetable oil in a large pan over medium-high heat.
- Add beef, in batches, and cook 2-3 minutes, until brown and crispy, flipping over to cook on both sides.
- Use a slotted spoon to transfer to a plate. Discard cooking oil. Return beef back to pan along with sauce. Cook over medium heat for 1 minute, stirring to coat meat.
- Stir in red pepper flakes and green onions. Remove from heat.
- Serve immediately over rice. Enjoy!