Steak Stir Fry with Extra Vegetables
This Steak Stir Fry with Extra Vegetables is one of the easiest and most delicious main courses for every family meals. Tasty and flavorful yet quick to serve, it enables you guys, especially “chefs-of-home” to deal with your cooking time better. Imagining that you’re constantly tired after work then a simple yet savory dish surely makes your day. You even get fun with. This does happen with me!
Steaks are stir fried with bell pepper, snap peas, asparagus and carrots, and spices. If you wants the food to be “greener”, feel free to add more vegetables into it. Broccoli is a great suggestion. Aside from main ingredients, this main dish is also defined by a flavorful sauce. It’s a good mix of coconut aminos, cornstarch, rice vinegar, fresh orange juice, honey and sesame oil. Poured over the veggies and steak at last 3 minutes of the cooking, this sauce make your stir fry tastier and more eye-catching.
If you are looking for a simple yet delicious food for dinner, you should never miss this steak stir fry with extra vegetables. Spend 35 minutes, and you have a good food to eat with white rice, quinoa or noodles. Let’s give it a try!
Steak Stir Fry with Extra VegetablesCourse: MainCuisine: AsianDifficulty: Easy
This Steak Stir Fry with Extra Vegetables is one of the easiest and most delicious main courses for every family meals. Tasty and flavorful yet quick to serve, it enables you guys, especially “chefs-of-home” to deal with your cooking time better.
- For Stir Fry
1 lb. steak (sirloin, skirt, or flank), thinly sliced into 1/4″ strips against the grain
2 medium carrots, peeled and thinly sliced
1/2 lb. asparagus, ends trimmed, sliced into 1″ pieces
1 red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
1 yellow bell pepper, cut into thin strips
6 oz. snap peas
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 tbsp. sesame seeds
1 tsp cracked black pepper
1 tsp sea or kosher salt
2 tbsp. olive oil, divided
- For Sauce
1/4 c coconut aminos
1 tbsp. cornstarch or arrowroot powder
2 tbsp. rice vinegar
2 tbsp. fresh orange juice
2 tbsp. honey
2 tsp sesame oil
- Place steak in freezer for 30 minutes. Remove and slice thinly against grain, 1/8″ – 1/4″ thick.
- Gather all ingredients for sauce in a bowl. Whisk until combined and set aside.
- Heat half of olive oil in a 12″ cast iron skillet over medium heat. Add half of steak, season with salt and pepper, and stir fry until charred and medium rare, about 3-4 minutes.
- Remove steak with tongs, transfer to a plate and set aside. Repeat with remaining steak strips.
- Add remaining olive oil to skillet and allow to heat until shimmering. Add garlic and fry for 1 minute. Stir in carrots and asparagus and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add bell pepper and snap peas. Toss with asparagus and carrots, and stir frequently until all vegetables are combined, for 3 minutes.
- Return steak to skillet, along with stir fry sauce. Cook, stirring frequently, until sauce thickens and vegetables are bite-tender, about 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat, stir in sesame seeds, and serve immediately.
- For the leftovers, store in an air-tight container and store in the fridge for up to 4 days.