Tender and Saucy Beef Stir Fry
Tender and Saucy Beef Stir FryCourse: MainCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
- For Beef Stir-Fry
1 lb. Top sirloin steak, thinly sliced
1 medium yellow zucchini, sliced on the diagonal
1/2 lb. mushrooms, thinly sliced
1 medium onion, sliced
1 red bell pepper, sliced
1 tsp grated ginger
1 garlic clove, minced or pressed
3 tbsp. oil to saute
salt and pepper to taste
1/2 tbsp. sesame seeds for garnish
- For Asian BBQ Sauce
3 tbsp. original BBQ sauce (Stubbs brand)
3 tbsp. maple syrup
2 tbsp. low sodium soy sauce (Tamari brand – gluten free)
- Combine 3 ingredients for sauce in a bowl and set aside.
- Heat 1 tbsp. oil in a large heavy pan or wok over high heat. Add beef, in a single layer, and cook undisturbed for 2-3 minutes.
- Flip over and cook the other side for 2 minutes more or until nearly cooked through. Season lightly with salt and pepper, add ginger and garlic and saute for a minute.
- Pour sauce over beef with and stir-fry another 1 minutes or until beef is fully cooked through. Transfer to a plate and cover to keep warm. Wipe pan with a paper towel.
- Add 1 tbsp. oil in pan. Once hot, add mushrooms, season lightly with salt and pepper, and stir fry until golden, about 5 minutes. Transfer to beef plate.
- Add 1 tbsp. oil, along with sliced onion and veggies and stir fry about 8 minutes or until soft and golden.
- Return beef and mushrooms to pan with vegetable. Drizzle with more sauce to taste and stir fry just until hot.
- Serve hot over steamy white rice. Enjoy!