Teriyaki Beef and Pepper Stir Fry
Teriyaki Beef and Pepper Stir FryCourse: MainCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
- Teriyaki Sauce
1/3 cup and 1 tbsp. soy sauce
1 tsp sesame oil
2 tbsp. cornstarch
1/3 cup brown sugar
1 tsp ground ginger
1/2 tsp granulated garlic (or garlic powder)
1 1/2 tbsp. honey
3/4 cup cold water
1 1/4 lb. flank steak
1 red bell pepper, sliced into thin strips
1 green bell pepper, sliced into thin strips
1 cup snap peas
3/4 cup shredded carrots
2 tbsp. olive oil
1 tbsp. garlic, minced
1 medium onion, sliced
1-2 tsp toasted sesame seeds
2-3 tbsp. water
- Gather all ingredients for Teriyaki sauce into a deep skillet. Whisk well to combine. Bring mixture to a simmer and whisk continually for 2-3 minutes, or until it’s nice and dark and thick. Set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a deep skillet up over medium high heat. Add all vegetables, sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until crisp tender. Add in a tbsp. of water, if needed. Once done, transfer to a plate and cover with aluminum foil.
- Place half of beef strips to skillet. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook on each side for 1-2 minutes, or until no longer pink. Transfer to veggie plate and cover with foil. Cook with remaining beef strips.
- Return veggies and beef to skillet and pour teriyaki sauce over the top. Stir to combine and sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds.
- Once heated through, remove from heat and serve immediately!