Teriyaki Beef Stir Fry
Teriyaki Beef Stir FryCourse: MainCuisine: AsianDifficulty: Easy
- For stir fry
1 1/4 lbs. thinly sliced steak, flank steak or sirloin
3 cups of mixed vegetables
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
salt and pepper to taste
Optional garnishes: sliced green onions and sesame seeds
- For sauce
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/2 cup water
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 tablespoon of honey
1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
2 teaspoons minced garlic
2 teaspoons minced ginger
1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- To make sauce
- Add soy sauce, water, brown sugar, garlic, ginger, honey and sesame oil to a small pot. Stir and cook over medium high heat until sugar is dissolved, about 3 minutes. Increase heat to high and bring to a boil.
- Mix cornstarch with 2 tablespoons of cold water, and whisk until dissolved. Add cornstarch mixture to sauce and boil for 1-2 minutes, or until sauce is thickened. Remove from heat and set aside.
- To cook steak
- Heat 1 teaspoon vegetable oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add vegetables and season with salt and pepper to taste. Cook for 3-5 minutes or until vegetables are brown and soften.
- Add 2 tablespoons of water and cook, until water has evaporated. Remove vegetables from pan.
- Wipe out pan and add remaining 2 teaspoons of oil over high heat. Add half of the steak and season generously with salt and pepper. Cook for 2-3 minutes on each side, until just cooked through.
- Transfer to a plate and repeat with remaining steak.
- Return meat and vegetables to pan. Pour sauce over top and cook over medium- high heat for 2-3 minutes, until warmed through.
- Garnish with sesame seeds and sliced green onions, if desired.
- Serve immediately!