Banana Pudding Ice Cream Cake
This Banana Pudding Ice Cream Cake is my new favorite. This’s not because I have craving for banana or have a sweet tooth, this cake tastes so good. Coming out fluffy and flavorful, it melts in your mouth right with the first bite. I love serving it for weekend meals and small parties. The way to make it is quite simple. Just give it a try if you have an appetite for!
Banana Pudding Ice Cream CakeCourse: Dessert, SnacksCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Medium
If you’re finding something good to make with banana, this banana pudding ice cream cake is worth recommending.
1 box vanilla cake mix, plus ingredients called for on box
2 sliced bananas, divided
3 c. heavy whipping cream
1/4 c. vanilla pudding mix
3/4 c. crushed Nilla wafers
1 c. sweetened condensed milk
1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
1/2 c. crushed Nilla wafers, plus more for garnish
20 whole Nilla Wafers
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Prepare 2 8” cake pans lined with parchment paper and grease with nonstick cooking spray.
- Prepare cake batter according to package instructions.
- Divide batter among prepared cake pans and bake until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 30 minutes. Let cool in pans for 10 minutes, then invert onto cooling racks to cool completely.
- Beat cream in a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, until stiff peaks form.
- Fold in pudding mix, sweetened condensed milk, vanilla, crushed Nilla wafers, and about two-thirds of bananas.
- To assemble cake, add one cake layer to your serving platter. Spread about half of the ice cream mixture onto cake, then top with a layer of whole Nilla Wafers.
- Top with the second cake layer, then spread remaining ice cream mixture on top. Garnish with more crushed Nilla Wafers, whole Nilla Wafers, and banana slices.
- Freeze until the ice cream is firm, about 4 hours.