Crunchy French Toast
French toast has been familiar to almost all families. It’s an appealing breakfast that ready in just 20 minutes or less. Coming out flavorful and tasty, it is now one of the most favorite foods for breakfast of my kids. They prefer it to hamburgers. The reason might be partly because they love homemade food, exactly big fans of any dishes that I cook. Anyway, this is a great compliment to my cooking skills.
This French toast is WAY easier to make than you think. Bread slices are dipped into the batter of egg, flour, ground cinnamon, vanilla extract, sugar and salt, then completely coated with cereal. They are then fried in a skillet with butter until golden on both sides. That’s all what you need to do to make these. We do believe that any of you can make a great job with it even when you are not much good at cooking.
If you want to get more pleasures with sliced bread (toast), you should never miss these crunchy French toast. Coming out crunchy and flavorful, these toasts are surely keep your taste buds satisfied. And, a good breakfast will surely raise your mood for the whole morning, along with keeping you energized. Ready to give them a go? Let’s get started!
Crunchy French ToastCourse: BreakfastCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
This French toast is WAY easier to make than you think. Bread slices are dipped into the batter of egg, flour, ground cinnamon, vanilla extract, sugar and salt, then completely coated with cereal. They are then fried in a skillet with butter until golden on both sides.
8 thick slices bread (like Texas Toast)
2 heaping cups crispy rice cereal or crushed corn flakes
4 large eggs
2/3 cup milk
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degree F or heat a skillet over medium heat.
- Add cereal to a shallow dish and set aside.
- Add all ingredients, except bread and cornflakes into a blender or to a shallow dish and whisk well to combine.
- Add the mixture (batter) into another shallow dish. Dip each bread slice totally into the egg mixture then press gently into cereal, flipping to coat both sides.
- Heat a small piece of butter in a skillet over medium heat. Place in bread slices and cook for a few minutes until golden on the bottom. Flip back and cook on the other side.
- Serve warm with a favorite syrup.