Vegan French Toasts
Vegan French ToastsCourse: BreakfastCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
6 thickly cut slices of tougher bread
2 tbsp. of flaxseed meal
1 cup of non-dairy milk
1 tsp of cinnamon
¼ tsp of nutmeg
1 tsp of vanilla extract
Pinch of salt
- Combine ground flaxseed and milk in a large shallow dish. Whisk to combine. Let it rest for 5 minutes.
- Whisk milk mixture once more. Add in cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla extract, and salt. Whisk lightly until fully combined.
- Heat a large skillet with cooking spray over medium heat.
- Lightly dip slices of bread in milk mixture so that they are coated on both sides. Make sure that you do not soak the bread in the mixture.
- Cook bread in the skillet for about 4 minutes on each side, until a nice golden brown.
- Arrange on a plate. Top with syrup, fruit, and a dusting of powdered sugar. Enjoy!