Korean Fried Cauliflower
Finding a recipe to jazz up boring cauliflower meals? This Korean Fried Cauliflower is right up your street. It’s cauliflower florets tossed in flour, cornstarch, and baking powder. ice water and egg mixture, fried until golden on all sides, and finally tossed in a flavorful hot sauce of garlic-chili sauce, soy sauce, brown sugar, sesame oil, and ginger. Give them a try and you will immediately fall in love with!
Korean Fried CauliflowerCourse: SidesCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
This Korean fried cauliflower is ready in just 35 minutes. It’s really worth trying to make your meal more appealing.
1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
1/2 c. all-purpose flour, sifted
1/2 c. cornstarch
1/3 c. Korean garlic-chili sauce
2 tbsp. low-sodium soy sauce
3 tbsp. brown sugar
2 tsp. sesame oil
1 tsp. grated ginger
2 tbsp. sesame seeds
1 tsp. baking powder
1 c. ice water
1 egg, beaten
2 green onions, thinly sliced
Vegetable oil, for frying
- Add flour, cornstarch, and baking powder to a large bowl, whisk to combine. Add ice water, egg, and 1 teaspoon salt, and stir to combine. The batter should be thin.
- Heat about ¼” vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium heat until simmering. Toss cauliflower in batter until fully coated.
- Working in batches, add cauliflower, and fry until golden on all sides, about 4 minutes per side. Transfer onto paper towels and season with more salt, if necessary.
- Add garlic-chili sauce, soy sauce, brown sugar, sesame oil, and ginger to a medium bowl, whisk to combine.
- Toss fried cauliflower in sauce. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and green onions and serve.