Summer Roasted Vegetable Toasted Sandwich
Summer Roasted Vegetable Toasted SandwichCourse: BreakfastCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
1 ciabatta roll
1 red/orange pepper
6 cherry tomatoes – yellow or red
6 basil leaves
4 sun-dried tomatoes
Handful of mixed salad leaves
1 tbsp vegan butter
1/4 cup hummus
2 slices vegan cheese (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Remove seeds of peppers and cut into slices. Slice courgette into slices lengthways.
- Place both in a baking tray, toss in oil and sprinkle with sea salt and black pepper. Bake in the oven for around 20 minutes.
- Slice ciabatta in half, spread with some vegan butter and cheese if using. Place on a baking tray.
- Once the vegetables are cooked, turn the oven to grill and place the ciabatta in. Make sure that it doesn’t burn.
- Spread hummus onto the cheese. Top with peppers and courgette, and then cherry tomatoes, sun dried tomatoes, salad leaves and basil, respectively. Sprinkle with some sea salt and pepper on top. Serve.