Bang Bang Shrimp
Bang Bang Shrimp never get me bored. Crunchy on the outside and tender in the inside, these shrimps surely satisfy your taste buds. I also fall in love with the bang bang sauce. Made with mayonnaise, sweet chili sauce, sriracha, lime juice, honey, kosher salt, it’s sweet and tangy, adding more flavors to the food. Can’t wait giving it a try, right?
Bang Bang ShrimpCourse: Main, DinnerCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Medium
This bang bang shrimp is one of my guilt pleasures. It’s an appealing main course for daily dinners and small parties.
- FOR SHRIMP
1 lb. raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
2 large eggs
1 c. all-purpose flour
2 c. panko bread crumbs
2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
1 tsp. garlic powder
Freshly ground black pepper
Freshly chopped cilantro, for garnish
- FOR BANG BANG SAUCE
2 tbsp. sweet chili sauce
1 tbsp. sriracha
2 tbsp. mayonnaise
Juice of 1 lime
1 tsp. honey
- Preheat oven to 400° F and prepare a large baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Prepare 3 separate shallow bowls, first for bread crumbs, oil, and garlic powder, salt and pepper mixture. Second for whisked eggs. And third for flour.
- Using tongs, dip shrimp first in flour, then egg, then panko mixture, and transfer to prepared baking sheet. Continue until all shrimp are coated.
- Bake until shrimp are crispy and golden, 13 to 15 minutes.
- To Make Bang Bang Sauce
- Add mayonnaise, sweet chili sauce, sriracha, lime juice, and honey In a medium bowl, whisk to combined and season with salt.
- Drizzle Bang Bang Sauce over shrimp and garnish with cilantro.
- Serve immediately.