Chili Cheese Dog Casserole
Chili Cheese Dog Casserole is here. It’s now one of my guilt pleasures. I love serving it for brunch, lunch and dinner and also prefer it for game day viewing parties. This casserole is a perfect mix of crescent dough, hot dogs, shredded cheddar, chili, melted butter, garlic powder and chopped chives. Who can resist it? I know that I can’t.
Chili Cheese Dog CasseroleCourse: Brunch, LunchCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
This chili cheese dog casserole is one of my favorite recipes for hot dogs. Hearty and flavorful, it’s great to make all year.
1 (8-oz.) can refrigerated crescent dough
2 (15-oz.) cans chili
8 hot dogs
1 c. shredded cheddar
2 tbsp. butter, melted
1 tsp. finely chopped chives
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Prepare a 9″-x-13″ baking dish
- Roll out crescent dough and pinch perforations together to seal.
- Divide into 8 even squares. Sprinkle with cheddar and roll around hot dogs.
- Spread chili in an even layer on the bottom of baking dish. Place hot dogs in a row, side by side, on top of chili.
- Combine melted butter with onion powder and chives in a small bowl. Brush over hot dogs and bake for 30 minutes, covering with foil if the crescent dough begins to get too dark.
- Top with more chives. Serve.