If you are a fan of chili and love making something new with it, just give this Pizza Chili a go. It’s packed with flavors and quite easy to make. That’s the reason why I fall for it from the moment I give it a try. Weekend is coming, I’m making this delicious chili for dinner. My kids would go crazy for them. Much worth waiting for!
Pizza ChiliCourse: DinnerCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Medium
This pizza chili is easy to mesmerize my taste buds whenever it’s served. I hope that it does the same to you. Enjoy!
1/2 lb. spicy Italian sausage
1/2 lb. ground beef
1 yellow onion, chopped
1 Green Bell Pepper, chopped
2 c. chicken broth
2 c. pizza sauce
1 can fire roasted tomatoes
2 c. mozzarella
1/4 c. mini pepperoni
1 c. sliced mushrooms
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 tsp. kosher salt
1 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. oregano
1/2 tsp. red chili flakes, plus more for garnish
1 tbsp. chopped parsley
1/3 c. Parmesan
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add sausage and beef and sauté until no longer pink. Transfer onto a paper towel lined plate. Drain fat if needed, reserving some in pan.
- Add onion, bell pepper, and mushrooms to pot. Cook until onion is translucent and mushrooms and peppers have released some moisture, about 5 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook until fragrant, 1 minute. Season with salt, garlic powder, oregano, and chili flakes.
- Add chicken broth, pizza sauce, and fire roasted tomatoes. Return meat to skillet, stir, and bring to a simmer, stirring occasionally, for 25-30 minutes, until soup is thickened slightly.
- Top pizza with mozzarella and pepperoni. Cover with a lid and let cheese melt, about 3 minutes.
- Garnish with parsley, parmesan, and red chili flakes. Serve immediately.